Tuesday 2 March 2010

... Create-a-Transformer. Ahem. Do Excuse Me.

Update on Transformers: War for Cybertron (which I discussed back here.)

"Complete with several multiplayer modes, Transformers: War for Cybertron allows gamers to play through story missions with their friends in drop in/drop out online co-op, and also create their own Transformers character for competitive head-to-head multiplayer modes, choosing among four distinct character classes, personalising its look and selecting from a huge variety of weapons, skills and abilities."

"...and also create their own Transformers character for competitive head-to-head multiplayer modes..."

"...create their own Transformers character..."

... Aly?



OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD WOO WOO WOOOOO

So that means if one of my favourite characters isn't in the game I could create him!?! I could play as Impactor, or Bludgeon, or Jhiaxus, or Thunderwing, or Straxus, or Shattered Glass Wheelie!!!

I could even make one of my fan characters!
This is INSANE! All my awesome dudes could get a shot - Audax Prime! Maestro! Horizon! Morningstar! Flatliner! Blackguard! Nightsunder! Carnifex! Executron!

Even though the game has THIRTY Transformers to choose from like Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, GRIMLOCK, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave!?!

I mean, sure, it might just mean cosmetic changes like colours or what not, but by golly I'll take it!!! WHAAAAAA WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO...


... Thanks a lot, Hasbro, now my ten-year-old self's bouncing off the walls. He won't be able to sleep for a week, and as a result neither will I.

I hope you're happy.

5 comments:

  1. what I'm most excited about is that after 25 years ... Straxus is finally getting a toy.. Complete with giant Pick Axe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I don't know what the Transformers are, but obviously they bring out the inner child. :)

    On an only slightly related note: HBO has greenlighted the first series of Games of Throne. And here's hope that one will turn out better than Conan & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I'm astonished they're doing Straxus (even if they changed his name, grr). I always loved his design, especially his grim head. I'm still holding out hope for Shattered Glass Wheelie.

    Gabriele, it doesn't take much to bring my inner child out! Good for the ASoIaF crowd that HBO greenlit the series (though I didn't really doubt it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised by the name change, and I think its a pretty good work around. Unfortunately in the US trademark law is seemingly bizarre, we've not had the character "Hotrod " named that for close to 2 decades because mattel is able to contest that its too similar to " Hotwheels " or some such and is thus infringing on their IP.. But I don't really care all that much so long as we get the toy.

    What I'm not amused by however is that the IDW fanfic character Drift is also getting a toy.. I was not thrilled when Dreamwaves "Fallen" got a toy and then managed to worm his way into the live action movies too.

    Still waiting for Classics Jazz, Trailbreaker and wheeljack..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh, Drift. Ninja-Fanboy-Autobot if ever I saw one. I'm not averse to the idea of the Fallen, but having him perpetually on fire was a bit... much.

    Since Straxus is getting a toy, I'm hoping other comic characters get a shot: Impactor, Flame, the Last Autobot. I even want them to run with the Shattered Glass theme.

    I'm actually quite surprised those three haven't had a classics update, what with Jazz being in the film, and TB/WJ really popular from the cartoon. Sure, Jazz has a legends toy, but that's not the same: legends are for minibots!

    ReplyDelete